A Chihuahua whining behavior is often times irritating. But a chihuahua that whines is just a sign that your pet is trying to tell you something. Most owners get irritated instead of giving their pet the proper attention they need. Some would even shout at their pet which is not the way to stop the dog from whining. One should learn that whining is just a form of communication and that there is a proper way to stop the chihuahua from whining all day long.
Here are some tips to effectively stop a chihuahua’s habit of whining:
- Know the reason – often times a chihuahua whines due to a lot of reasons. It could be possible that she is hungry, separation anxiety, needs attention, would like to play, etc. These reasons can actually be easily observed. However, since chihuahuas have unique personalities, it would be best to personally observe your chihuahua for you to exactly point out the reason as to why it always whines.
- Positive reinforcements – initiate positive reinforcements over negative ones. A chihuahua’s personality is more responsive to positive conditioning than negative reinforcements. Punishing your chihuahua will sometimes result to an unwanted outcome. Instead of your chihuahua being able to stop whining, it will now be afraid of you which will eventually lead to some serious problems such as anxiety every time you arrive home. Trust me; you don’t want double trouble with your pet.
- Follow a schedule – plot a regular time by which your dog will take its meals. Setting a regular time would eventually stop the whining since their needs are regularly met. This is a good practice for the pet and would eventually stop chihuahua whining.
- Playtime – a chihuahua is such a playful breed. It is usually fond of playing with its owner. Thus when it’s not given the attention it wanted, it will start whining. Remember no punishment; however, what you can do is to ignore your chihuahua every time it whines just because it wants to play. Play with your chihuahua only when it stops whining. It is also your option to invest on some toys; this is an effective way for them not to get bored. This is effective to stop chihuahua whining.
- Dog training – bringing your pet to a dog school can be fun for the especially that there’s a big chance that it would lots of dogs. The training sessions are also fun for the dog. This would keep the dog occupied. However, it would be better if you would personally train your own pet. This is beneficial in every aspect.
Chihuahua whining can be stopped as long as you have patience and love for your pet. All you need is some personal time with your pet.